Let’s be honest: we all know that ‘breaking into journalism’ is never easy. There’s no strict path to follow. Sometimes it’s simply being at the right place at the right time that grants you your career wishes, but other times it’s the result of sheer determination (and A LOT of unpaid internships).
Learning from others is always insightful, not only because it’s encouraging listening to their journeys, but also because everyone is different. And understanding that not everyone takes the same path might just give you that confidence boost you need on the job hunt.
So when I saw this event advertised, it was definitely one worth sharing.
It’s work experience with a difference – an event with those who have been successful in journalism and willing to answer ALL your questions, as well as talk about their own experiences.
- You gotta be 16 or above (soz.)
- It’s held in London by the team behind GoThinkBig
- There are 15 spaces available (GET IN QUICK.)
Applications to the event close in nine days. And this is what you should expect:
“Interested in becoming a writer, blogger, editor or social media whiz? Join GTB’s editor Limara Salt and community writer Stephanie Bolton for an hour-long session that’ll tell you all you need to know about breaking into the world of journalism and media.
- Both will share their personal stories as well as covering the following points:
- Tips for getting your foot in the door
- How to make your blog stand out
- What an editor wants from freelancers
- How to build your social profile
- The dos and don’ts of being a writer
Don’t worry if your CV isn’t up to scratch the team here can help you sort it.”
Go on, you know you wanna. Apply here: https://gothinkbig.co.uk/opportunities/breaking-into-journalism-24th-september-2014